Thursday, April 9, 2009

Life's Struggles and Blessings

Well, you may be wondering if the Lang family has fallen off the face of the earth! I am happy to say that we are still here and thriving! We have been so busy that I can hardly keep up with my house let alone a blog, but I will try to update you as best I can. I have more pictures to post but those will have to wait until I have more time. I have title my post the way I have because it seems that we have had some struggles these last few months but also so many amazing blessings! My children have not been well, in fact, two weeks ago, all three of my precious men were sick with the stomach bug. Zach bounced back pretty quick from it, but two young ones took about a week to get over it completely. But in this trial, I found a great blessing! I never got sick! Not once when my family was sick did I feel the least bit ill. Praise the Lord because only such protection could come from Him! I'll spare you all the details about how much cleaning up I had to do. but God truly knew that mama must be spared to get through the week we went through. I praise you Lord! The week after everyone was sick, we made a trip to Ohio to see family and friends. We had a wonderful time, and I'm so thankful that everyone was well for the trip. The boys did great on the airplane, another huge blessing! Well, we got back from our trip this past Tuesday, and that evening Ayden started to break out in a rash. When he woke up Wednesday morning, his face was swollen and the rash covered his whole body. The doctor says it is some sort of allergic reaction. Your guess is as good as mine as to what he is reacting to! Please pray for this to clear up. It does not seem to be bothering him too much, but it does look awful! And to top all that off, Ethan now has a fever and a cough. The blessing in this is my children seem to be handling all of this just fine! Thank you Lord! It could be so much worse couldn't it? One more struggle, I would like to share with you (and ask you to pray for too) is for my husbands job. I know many are concerned about there jobs these days and we are no different. I praise the Lord that we still have a job, but Zach has had to take a pay cut. I want to thank Pinnacle Engineering for how upfront they have been with us and for the sacrifices they have made to ensure that everyone has a job. This pay cut was to avoid laying anyone off so for now we still have a job. Please just pray that things will turn around soon. I have found several blessings in all of this So I will just number them off for you. Number one: The company has been so upfront about everything and my husband didn't just get laid off one day without a hint of anything going down. Number two: I'm thankful that the Lord has revealed to us His principles in handling finances so that this news is not devastating to us. Number three: We had pledged a certain amount of money to our church building fund and we paid that off the week before we found out about the pay cut. I can't praise the Lord enough about that! He is so Good! The bottom line is that God is so Good through the good times and the bad. I know that even if Zach did lose his job, God would provide for us. He always has and I do not expect Him to stop now. I hope to post pictures soon! We are busy with T-ball, softball, and many other activities. Oh, and Ethan has finished learning the Roman's Road Bible verses and I will post a video soon of him saying his verses!

No comments: